Prenatal Visits at Preferred Women's Health
The right obstetrical care provider can help your baby get off to the best start in life. Whether you’re pregnant for the first time or you are expecting the latest addition to your family, good prenatal preparation requires high-quality care for you and your baby.
From the moment you arrive at our comfortable, modern office, you can relax knowing that you are in good hands. Dr. Christine Matoian and Melissa Rae, PA-C work hard to give you the most attentive care possible. With their years of experience and skill, you’ll feel confident trusting them with your health.
Features of our prenatal care and delivery services include:
- Preferred Women’s Health offers in-office ultrasound and fetal monitoring as well as the most advanced prenatal genetic screenings.
- Dr. Matoian and Melissa Rae, PA-C care for women with normal and high-risk pregnancies, which may be complicated by high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, or other health problems.
- Dr. Matoian's patients deliver at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. The hospital’s facilities are excellent, offering a Level III nursery, private labor and delivery suites, and more. Take the virtual tour!
- Beaumont Health-Royal Oak now offers a natural birthing center for qualified patients. Ask about planning your birth in this gentle and natural way.
- We strive to honor your wishes and desires for your labor and birth while simultaneously safeguarding your health and the health of your baby. We encourage you to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime event, so it’s personal, special, and everything you want it to be.
We are frequently asked which medications are safe to take during pregnancy and while nursing. Click here for our recommendations: Approved Medications For Use During Pregnancy
Due to an unfortunate hand injury in 2015, Dr. Matoian is no longer able to perform deliveries. Because of this, she has made arrangements with several obstetricians who provide coverage and will attend your delivery. These physicians are all highly recommended by Dr. Matoian and they will make every effort to follow your wishes or birth plan when it’s time for your delivery. You can learn about the covering physicians by visiting their websites:
- Drs. Paluda, Wuckert, McGrail, Pokropek and Bayci (missionobgyn.net)
- Dr. Gruskin (westoaklandobgyn.com)
- Drs. Fisher and Shoha (modernobgyn.com)