Obstetrician Visits at Preferred Women's Health
The right obstetrician can help your baby get off to the best start in life. Whether you’re pregnant for the first time or you are expecting the latest addition to your family, good prenatal preparation requires high-quality care for you and your baby.
From the moment you arrive at our comfortable, modern office, you can relax knowing that you are in good hands. Dr. Christine Matoian and Melissa Rae, PA-C work hard to give you the most attentive care possible. And with their years of experience and skill, you’ll feel confident trusting them with your health.
Features of our prenatal care and delivery services include:
- Preferred Women’s Health offers in-office ultrasound and fetal monitoring and the most advanced screenings available through the hospital.
- Dr. Matoian and Melissa Rae, PA-C care for women with normal and high-risk pregnancies, which may be complicated by high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, or other health problems.
- Dr. Matoian delivers at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. The hospital’s facilities are excellent, offering a Level III nursery, private labor and delivery suites, and more. Take the virtual tour!
- William Beaumont Hospital now offers a natural birthing center for qualified patients. Ask about planning your birth in this gentle and natural way.
- Your wishes and desires are honored for your labor and birth. While safeguarding the health of you and your baby, Dr. Matoian encourages you to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime event, so it’s personal, special, and everything you want it to be.
We are frequently asked which medications are safe to take during pregnancy and while nursing. Here are our recommendations:
Dr. Matoian participates in a group of six obstetricians who take turns being on call for all of their patients. These doctors are all highly recommended by Dr. Matoian and will make every effort to follow your wishes or birth plan when it’s time for your delivery. You can learn about the covering physicians by visitng their websites:
- Drs. Paluda, Wuckert, McGrail and Pokropek (missionobgyn.net)
- Dr. Gruskin (westoaklandobgyn.com)
- Drs. Fisher and Shoha (modernobgyn.com)